Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sculpture by the sea 2012

From Bondi to Tamarama beach, up to 4 November, Sculpture By The Sea is apparently the biggest sculpture exhibition in the world.

Here's a selection: my three favourites.  Some more of my photos are available on this web album.  My kids both took lots of photos; I still haven't gone through them yet, but they should be good.


Come back (Nakayama)










 My favourite: a granite portal, facing out to sea from a granite chair. It has strength.









Kalaidoscope cube (Ritchie)












I tried to capture this one reflecting its environment. Again, a very well positioned work.







Capital tension (Rhodes)








 I did like this for the tension between the bull and the bear.

 

 Another one - in my above web album - looked odd, but the meaning was not very obvious until I read up on it: a marking of the height of that tsunami in Japan. Very salient for the site. Have a look. Exhibition ends this Sunday.

No comments: