Friday, April 20, 2007

Superknowledge on the run



I have a mini-version of Wikipedia on my PDA. It’s called Lexipedia. It takes up a bit of space – almost a gig. Fortunately I have a 2G SD card…

If you only get the demo version (locked pending payment), you can only get a random article – although the links to other articles still work.


So. If you like random information on the run, the demo is great. Somewhat like surfing the net.
On the other hand, if you’re seeking something within the demo version, you could always trace links towards what you’re after. Or randomise and try again.
Still. It’s a slow way to find an answer.
I recommend you test it out first. It's sometimes slow going on older PDAs. But if it works for you, I strongly recommend paying for the unlock key.

It’s massively appealing to have access to such a large body of information at any time.

It’s a glimpse of the future.

No comments: